Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 28, 2011

Remembering Aunt Susie

I got a call this afternoon that my Aunt Susie was involved in a car accident and passed away this morning.  This was very sudden and terrible news to receive.  Everyone in our family will miss her dearly. 

Growing up I had a lot of great memories of Aunt Susie.  She was often the host of McDowell family parties at Christmas, Thanksgiving, and a lot of parties in the summertime too.  When you were going to Aunt Susie's house you knew you were going to have a great time.  Aunt Susie had a great laugh and a great smile, she was always the life of the party and she was always a great host.  She made the most amazing homemade macaroni and cheese and chocolate pies ever.  She was the main inspiration that made me want to include these items in my first Thanksgiving meal for my own little family.  Mom and I had a lot of great shopping excursions with Aunt Susie during family trips.  She and my Dad were very close siblings and they loved each other very much.

We all have our own special memories of her and we will hold them close to our hearts.  Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...