Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day celebrating with your families.  Since we made our big trip home back in September, my Mom came for Halloween, Chad's Mom is coming in December, and my Dad and Stepmom are coming in February, that meant it was just us for today.

Although we missed our families and thought of them throughout the day, we were able to see many of them through Skype on the computer and talk to others on the phone.  We are so lucky that we live in a time where technology allows us to still connect with our families even when we don't live nearby.  Even though it isn't the same as being there in person, it does make it easier when we can see and hear from our loved ones. To all of our family members back home, we love you and miss you!

Since we were staying home for Thanksgiving, I decided to give cooking my first turkey a try.  I was really nervous but it turned out very moist and cooked all the way through!  I was relieved!  I also cooked Paula Deen's crockpot macaroni and cheese, and I baked another chocolate pie.  Both turned out great!  I know that isn't a complete Thanksgiving meal but since I was only cooking for two people and I was nervous about the turkey I decided to keep it small and simple.  As it is we will have several days worth of turkey, mac and cheese, and pie left over!  Now that I know how to handle a turkey I think I will feel more confident in adding more menu items next year, especially if we have more guests.

Today and every day I feel overwhelmed with gratitude.  I will never be able to adequately express how grateful I am for my husband, my children, my family and the time I have with them.  Since Brady and Chloe have come into our lives, I feel I've gained a greater and deeper understanding of the importance of family and cherishing your loved ones.  I will always try to remember that not only during the holiday season, but in general.

To everyone reading, I hope you and your families enjoyed a great day together.  I will leave you with a few pictures:

Turkey!




Paula Deen's Crockpot Mac and Cheese


I realized just before we put the babies to bed tonight that I didn't take a single Thanksgiving picture of them today!  So, this picture in their PJs will have to suffice for this year! 


Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...