Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Crazy Messy Life

November is NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, and so along with many other bloggers I am attempting to write a blog post every day this month. 

Today was a busy, messy day that didn't go as planned due to extra long naps (for the babies, not me) and a Christmas craft project that was supposed to take 40 minutes and ended up taking most of the afternoon.  There must be a universal rule, anytime you look at a recipe or a set of directions and think "that looks easy and fun" you have just jinxed yourself.  On the bright side, I think it turned out very nice in the end.  I plan to make a separate post dedicated to our craft project (with pictures) as soon as I get the finished product in the mail to the grandparents and great grandparents. 

Since our schedule was running behind, it was a late evening of scrambling to manage two feedings (normally we have one feeding in the evening) for the babies, bathtime, storytime, bedtime and somehow squeeze in dinner for ourselves.  Then of course I had this blog post to do, ack! 

I know Chad and I are both tired from a long day, and I am only managing to post this less than an hour before today is over, but when it comes down to it, I am going to end this day feeling extremely thankful.  November, aside from being NaBloPoMo, is primarily a month associated with Thanksgiving and gratitude.  While staying at home has its own ups and downs, I am so lucky that I get to spend my days concerning myself with nap schedules and craft projects.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am also thankful that I have such an amazing partner, husband, and father of my children.  He comes home after working a full day and doesn't hesitate to jump right in the fray to help with any number of household and parenting tasks. 

I'll leave you with a few pictures...

Daddy juggling both babies


My messy babies...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...