Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 16, 2012

Jagged Tree Stump or Beautiful Bird Bath?

In the backyard we had a random tree stump with a jagged edge where the tree had been sawed off unevenly.  I saw it when we first looked at the house and it bothered me.  I didn't like it, but I wasn't sure what we were going to do about it.  After thinking about it, I decided it would make a nice bird bath if I could find a copper bowl to attach to the stump once the top was leveled off.  Chad borrowed a saw from our friend Dustin and sawed off the jagged edge and I nailed on the new copper bowl.  Voila!  The old stump was transformed into a new bird bath!  Today I planted some pretty blue flowers around the new bird bath during the babies' afternoon nap.  I am glad that we were able to turn what was once an eyesore into something pretty and useful.  Here is a Before and After picture of our stump/bird bath project:

STUMP BEFORE:


BIRD BATH AFTER:


I hope everyone had a good start to their week!  Good night all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...