Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Babies' First Haircuts!

I've been debating when I should take the babies for their first haircut for some time, and after Brady's mullet seemed to take on a life of its own I decided it was time.  We've been taking a lot of after dinner walks around the neighborhood with our new wagon and it has been a great way to meet our new neighbors who are also outside.  I was joking with one of our new neighbors Natalie, who I had just met, that I needed to take poor Brady for a haircut.  She then said, "That is what I do for a living!  I have a studio in my house, let me give you my card."  What luck!  We have a habit of living near some really talented people.  First our great friend/neighbor and amazing photographer Carlea lives in the townhouse right next to our old one, and now we live on the same street as a talented hair stylist!

Since my Mom is in town I thought it would be a good opportunity to take advantage of the extra set of hands to hold or entertain babies and scheduled an appointment with Natalie at 2:30 this afternoon.  I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure how the babies would react to having their haircut and I was hoping they would be good for our new neighbor.  They were completely patient and calm the whole time!  I was pleasantly surprised to say the least!  Here are some fun Before and After pictures:

BEFORE BRADY:  This is his "Phil Mickelson" mullet as we liked to call it.  It was MAJOR.




BRADY AFTER:  He looks like such a little man now!




CHLOE BEFORE:  Her hair was less extreme, it just needed a little trim here and there.




CHLOE AFTER:  All nice and neat now!




Here is a cool picture of Natalie's neat in-house hair studio!  It was awesome!


Here is the back of both babies' heads AFTER:


Grandma was a HUGE help and held Brady the whole time during his haircut.  No one cried or even whined, I was so proud!

Have a good night everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...