Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Warp Speed

Sometimes I wonder if I am living in some kind of time accelerator.  The babies these days are learning and doing things faster than I can record it.  I have so many movies and pictures from the last few days to share!    So without further ado, I will get started!

First off, sippy cups.  We continue to work on this.  It continues to be a work in progress.  Some days are better than others.  Now we do try to have them drink their formula from their sippy cups as often as possible.  Last night I put an ounce of organic whole cow's milk in with their formula at dinner time. They seemed to tolerate it very well.  I will be adding more and more milk as we make the transition away from formula in the next few weeks.  Picture and movie time:



Secondly, mobility.  Chloe in particular continues to push the envelope when it comes to things she can do.  We have gates that prevent the babies from going down stairs, but on the second floor the steps to go UP to the third floor haven't been gated yet, because the babies were not able to climb up the stairs.  The other day I looked over at Chloe and she was just sitting on the first step.  She had managed to climb up the step, and was sitting cross legged on the step just surveying the area.  I almost had a heart attack!  So we are definitely going to have to do something about that.  The other day she walked with the dinosaur on her own, I have a video of that.  She has also discovered how to push the glider in the nursery back and forth.  In Birdies class at The Little Gym she is fearless and LOVES any skills or activities that involve hanging from the bars.  She will hang from the bars with a huge smile on her face.  Her strength always seems to surprise the teacher.



Finally, just fun stuff.  My stepsister Michelle (Aunt Michelle to the babies) sent us an amazing package for the babies' Christmas presents.  Chloe got her first little tea set, and Brady got a really cool car.  She also crocheted a gorgeous baby blanket that Chloe now sleeps with in her crib.  Thanks so much Aunt Michelle and also thanks to my niece Trinity!



And here is just a random picture from Sunday morning when they were going through all the toys in their toy bins.


A few weeks ago we had a play date with the Dermody family and we noticed that the babies really enjoyed playing with a tunnel that their friends Sam and Abby had.  I decided to order one on Amazon as an early Birthday present.  The babies have really enjoyed playing with it, but unfortunately so has our cat Sabrina.





I will leave you with just a video of me and Mr. Brady goofing around while Chloe was still napping one morning.  Please excuse my giant foot.


As you can see we are very busy but we are having a lot of fun!  Happy Monday everyone!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...