Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

"Just Roll With It Baby..."

Over the last two days Brady has quickly advanced his ability to roll from back to tummy and is now able to do this whenever he desires, which is 24 hours a day.  If I put him on his back in the playmat and turn my head for a second, when I look back he is on his stomach.  Same thing for on the floor on a blanket, in his crib, etc.  You could say he is obsessed with rolling unto his stomach.  He reminds me a lot of his Dad in that way, once he gets something in his mind there is no letting go of it, LOL.  Here are a few pictures and videos from our experience the last two days:

Yesterday I put him on his back beside Chloe, a second later I find him like this:


Last night I put him on his back to sleep, this morning I find him on his tummy, with his tush in the air:


A Video from this Morning:


Later this morning, again I placed him on the playmat on his back, a second later here he is:


One Last Video from Later Today:



While I am very proud of him, his newfound ability has inspired some mixed emotions.  I have to really watch him because he is so good at this now, it makes me nervous sometimes.  Another problem is that he doesn't know how to roll from his tummy to his back, so once he gets on his tummy, he often doesn't know what to do, so he gets frustrated and cries.  I end up spending quite a bit of time flipping him from his tummy to his back, only to rinse and repeat this process a multitude of times. 

Of course there is also the issue of sleeping.  We all know sleeping on their backs is the number one preference for babies.  Unfortunately, he now wants to sleep on his tummy, and if I roll him on his back he rolls right back over on his tummy.  From what I have read, once they can roll, this is out of your control.  You should still put them on their back to sleep, but if they roll, you have to deal with it. 

I can't believe what a big and (semi-mobile) boy we have!  Something tells me I am only at the beginning of a very interesting period as their mobility increases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...