Time is flying by and it seems that these days the babies are doing or learning something new every day! I try to post pictures frequently on facebook but it might also be nice to write down a few things about what we've been doing lately!
Let me start with a few together pictures of the babies:
Here they are before we went to the Aquarium to meet some friends from Oklahoma:
Here they are before going to their friends' First Birthday party:
Here are a few facts about BOTH babies at 15 weeks:
* Are sleeping through the night and have been since about 10 weeks old. Usually they will go down at around 9 pm and wake up between 5 and 6 AM.
* Eat 4 ounces at every feeding and we usually do 6 feedings a day at 6 AM, 9 AM, 12 PM, 3 PM, 6 PM, and 9 PM. This schedule can sometimes be shifted up an hour but this is the most common one. They have been known to eat 5 or 6 ounces especially at the 6 AM feeding after sleeping through the night.
* LOVE a bath and will kick and spash with delight in the tub. They especially love to have water poured over their heads. Chad is the chief bather and they really enjoy that time with him. If they see the cup of water go behind their heads they start to sqeal and laugh and kick with anticipation of the water being poured on their head. It is so cute!
* Are sitting up in their bumbo seats! This is a very recent thing but they both enjoy being able to sit up and look around the room.
* Have excellent head control and can hold their head stable unassisted about 85% of the time now.
Now I will do a few facts about each individual baby starting with our first born, Brady:
At 15 weeks Brady is:
* VERY active. He can turn himself from his back to his side at will and I have seen him turn himself all the way from his back to his tummy twice so far. At night I put him in his crib with his head under his mobile, and often in the morning I find him completely scooted around with his feet under the mobile!
* Both longer and heavier than his sister. He is bursting out of his 3 month clothes but the 3-6 clothes are still too big just yet. He is transitioning to a Size 2 diaper now.
* Cutting his first tooth! Last week he was fussy and unusually needy (awake and wanting to be held during the day more often than usual) and I couldn't figure out why. I kept taking his temperature and he was always fine. Over the weekend he was loudly letting us know he was ready for the afternoon feeding when I saw in his open mouth a white tooth beginning to poke through! I wish I could get a picture but it is in the back side of his mouth so very hard to take a picture of!
He is getting so big and we are so proud of him!
Now for our 2nd born, Chloe:
At 15 weeks Chloe is:
* VERY social. She is smiling at everyone, laughing out loud, and chattering often. She will now smile at you when she sees you are going to pick her up. She will smile or chat with most people, but especially for her Daddy. He tickles her and can get her laughing like crazy.
* VERY observant. She notices her brother and is intensely interested in him. She loves to stare at him, touch him, pull his ear, etc. You can see in the picture above she is busy staring at her brother off to the side. As far as we can tell he has shown little to no interest in or recognition of her, LOL.
* Our little girl. She still fits comfortably in her 0-3 clothes and her Size 1 diapers. She is petite but so precious! She still likes to lay on my chest and curl herself into a little ball on her tummy with her legs and arms tucked under. This weekend she took a nap with me that way for about two hours. I treasure this time with her because I know soon she will be too big and into too much to want to cuddle like that.
She is such a sweet baby and we are so proud of her!
That is what is going on with us! I promise I will try to get better at posting!