It was a taxing morning for the babies because our appointment time caused them to miss some of their usual morning sleep. They ate at 6:30 AM and our appointment didn't end until 9:30 AM, right at the next feeding time, so we ended up having to stay and feed the babies in the treatment room.
All of the excitment of being examined, weighed, and measured combined with getting shots has caused them to be extremely sleepy so far today. Without further ado, time for pictures and stats:
So Tired They Fell Asleep Together in Their Playmat:
Brady (All Tuckered Out and Note His Band-Aids):
Height: 26 inches (84th percentile)
Weight: 12 pounds 10 ounces (10th percentile)
Chloe (With Her Hand Dramatically Over Her Face):
Height: 24 1/4 inches (49th percentile)
Weight: 12 pounds (16th percentile)
5 Things We Learned/Were Surprised By:
- How tall/lean Brady is! We always think of him as a giant compared to Chloe and we expected the doctor to say "What a huge child you have!". Instead, she said, "This child needs to eat more". We were totally shocked. It turns out because he is so long, he needs to put on more weight. Both babies have now graduated to 6 ounces at every feeding. We have a follow up appointment in a month to check on Brady's weight gain.
- Even though we always think of Chloe as our petite girl, because she is shorter than her brother her weight percentage is much higher.
- The doctor said that what we swore were teeth coming in for Brady is actually just part of his gums. He is not cutting a tooth yet!
- We can start vegetables in another week, our doctor said after two weeks of rice cereal it is okay to start adding other solids. (Rice cereal update: Brady has got the hang of the spoon and LOVES rice cereal, Chloe still hates it)
- It is time to start a daytime nap schedule. That is on the agenda for the next few weeks!
One last picture I wanted to share, a Father's Day cuddle with Chad and the babies from yesterday:
Have a great day everyone, I am going to go love on my tired babies!