Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2012

Aunt Debbie's Awesome Desserts

I mentioned Chad's Aunt Debbie's awesome desserts in my post about our recent visit to South Boston, VA.  While we were there we enjoyed her amazing Peanut Butter cookies and her delicious Strawberry Shortcake.  When we got home she was kind enough to share her recipes for both desserts with me, and I was surprised and delighted to find out that the recipes were just as easy to make as they were to eat!  

With Aunt Debbie's permission I thought I would share her recipes and the photos of my results when recreating the recipe at home.  The recipes are directly from Aunt Debbie.  

Peanut Butter Cookies


Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups peanut butter, 2 cups of sugar, 1 egg, & 1 tsp. of vanilla

Directions:  Mix together.  Use ice cream scoop to form cookies and then mash down and sideways with fork.  Put about 6 cookies at a time to bake.  Bake at 375 for 12 -15 minutes.  Let cool for about 10 minutes.

I baked mine in the oven for closer to 9 minutes, but that is because my oven is an inferno so I always have to err on the conservative side when it comes to baking times.  I think one of the things I love about these cookies is the texture.  It is crumbly like a traditional cookie, but not too hard or crisp.  They are so good!  

Strawberry Shortcake


Ingredients: 2 packs of strawberries, 1 angel food cake, 1 pack of strawberry glaze, & 2 tubs of Cool Whip

Directions:  Cut up strawberries & sweeten with a little sugar or Splenda.  Cut up cake in cubes.  Layer strawberry glaze, strawberries, cake, & Cool Whip.  Repeat and end with Cool Whip on top.

This is a great light, summery dessert.  No baking involved!  I'd say this can be ready in 15 minutes tops, and really the most involved part is just cutting up the strawberries and cutting the angel food cake in cubes.  What a cool, delicious dessert for a warm summer evening! 

Our family loved both of these desserts, and we look forward to enjoying them in the future!  Thanks Aunt Debbie for the wonderful and easy dessert recipes!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...