Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Book Organization: Super Cute Revolving Children's Bookcase

A couple of posts ago I mentioned I had a few ideas I wanted to share on the blog, and this is one of those ideas.  After our babies received so many books from our very generous friends and family for their birthday, the space we had dedicated to book storage quickly became inadequate.  I started looking around the internet for a children's bookcase.  Did you know according to Overstock.com there are 4 different kinds of children's bookcases???  That was news to me.  In fact, I didn't even know revolving bookcases existed until I read that article.  I was like, "Wait...a bookcase that spins, so you can put more books on all sides?!?  Awesome!".

The only not great part about most revolving bookcases is that they aren't cheap.  After some research, I found this one that would store a lot of books, had a cute gender neutral look for children, and was more affordable compared to other options.  After putting it together (thanks Nana for your help!) and placing all the books in it, I am really pleased with it.  It is a very sturdy bookcase, looks really cute in the nursery, and holds lots of books!  Mission accomplished.

I would like to thank our family members (Nana and Doodah, Mamaw, Great Grams and Great Grandfoder, and Grandma Lisa) who sent us birthday checks as well, since part of the money they sent went to purchasing this lovely new bookcase!  I have some Before and After pictures to share.

DOWNSTAIRS PLAY AREA BOOKS BEFORE:


DOWNSTAIRS PLAY AREA BOOKS AFTER:  


NURSERY BOOK STORAGE BEFORE:


NURSERY BOOK STORAGE AFTER:



We are thrilled with our new bookcase, and have enjoyed reading all of our new books!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...