We left Raleigh on Tuesday night August 30th. We followed our regular bedtime routine with the babies, said goodbye to Nana and Doodah, and set off from Raleigh to Coeburn, Virginia. I sat in the very back of the minivan we rented, the babies were in the middle seats, and Chad was up front driving. Chad and I were scared to talk to one another in case we woke the babies...so we didn't talk until 5 hours later when we pulled into Meepie and Pap's driveway! The babies slept the entire way! We were so thankful they slept well on their first road trip ever!
Highlights from the Virginia part of the trip:
- Introducing the babies to their Pap (grandfather) and Mamaw (great grandmother) for the first time!
- The babies getting to spend a lot of time with Meepie, Pap, and their cousin Jaden!
- Getting to meet a lot of extended family and family friends I hadn't met before
- Getting to eat at Pal's, Romano's, and Tavern on the Main, yum!
- Celebrating our 4 year anniversary with a date night while Meepie and Pap watched the babies
- Having a weenie roast with hot dogs and smores...so fun and delicious!
- Spending time outside on the front porch swing enjoying the cooler air
- Having a BBQ to celebrate Chad's 30th birthday and visiting with several of his old high school and college friends and meeting their children
Here is Brady with Rose Helen, one of the first people the babies met in Virginia and one of the sweetest people I know
Meepie and Brady playing Pattycake
Chloe with her cousin Jaden
The babies with Reba and Jess (Reba is Pap's Sister)
Pap, Brady, and the Digital Caller ID Globe (Brady was fascinated!)
Meepie and the babies enjoying the front porch swing
The front porch was a favorite spot for the week. We loved being able to spend time outside!
Four generations: Mamaw, Meepie, Chad, and the babies
Little girl with her dolly completely tuckered out after our visit to Mamaw's house
Meepie and Pap enjoying our weenie roast
Chad with his Mom and Dad
Now THAT is what I call a Smore! Loved it!
I ended up getting just a little messy...
That is it for Virgina Part A. Next part will be more pictures from Virginia!