Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Craft Project: Cut & Paste A-Z Scrapbook

We are preparing to travel with the babies soon, so I have been racking my brain for ideas to keep them occupied on the airplane.  I was thinking back to when I was very little and the things that I loved or thought were really cool.  One thing I remember vividly even though I was very young, was a scrapbook my Grandma made me that just had random pictures cut out from different magazines.  I LOVED looking through it and pointing at different things and naming them with her.  Since I grew up in the mid 80s we didn't have access to clip art or color printers or any of that cool stuff.  We certainly didn't have an iPad to entertain us!  Thinking back about my scrapbook from my Grandmother inspired me to make one for my own kids, just as she did, by simply going through magazines, cutting out pictures, and pasting them in a scrapbook.

This is a time consuming project, but requires very little other than old magazines, a glue stick, scissors, a scrapbook, and time.  The scrapbook I bought at a local craft store is 8X8 and has plastic protector sheets and the white sheet just slides out, which made it easy to do a page and then put it back in the plastic sheet.  I think it would be a cool project to do with an older pre-school or kindergarten aged child.  You could practice cutting and pasting skills, as well as getting them involved in finding the objects that go with each letter.  If you had readers or writers, they could write the words next to the pictures themselves.

Anyhow, I finished my project and I am pleased with how it turned out!  I hope Brady and Chloe will enjoy this book for years to come as I enjoyed mine!  I wanted to share some pictures of the finished project with you:

A


B & C


D-F


G-J


K-N


O-R


S & T 


U-W


X & Y


Z


Well, that's it.  I enjoyed working on this project during the babies' nap time and after they went to bed at night.  I hope they will enjoy this scrapbook, I am excited to show it to them on the plane for the first time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...