Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 19, 2012

While You Were Sleeping...

I don't have an actual alarm clock anymore.  Usually I wake up to the sound of Brady clamoring for me to come get him from his crib.  He usually gets up around 7 to 7:30 AM, and I see no reason to get up any earlier.  Chloe normally gets up around 8 AM so Brady and I play until she wakes up and then we start breakfast.

Whenever I wake up on my own and I don't hear the sound of any child stirring, I always panic.  I have to go in their rooms and make sure they are OK.  It is always fascinating to me to see the kids while they are sleeping, because I rarely get to.  When they are asleep I don't usually go in their rooms because I don't want to disturb them, and also because that is my time to accomplish things around the house or take some "me time".

This morning was one of those mornings.  I woke up around 8:15 AM (I know, what a lucky dog!) and not a creature was stirring.  Chloe woke up about 10 minutes later so I went to get her and we played for a while.  It kept getting later and later and eventually at 8:50 AM I had to go in and peek at Brady again just to be sure he was OK.  This is so unusual for him, since he is ALWAYS the early riser.

I went to his room and found him sleeping so soundly and peacefully I had to watch him a few minutes until he twitched because he was just so STILL.  I took this picture of him this morning:

I took this picture at 8:53 AM!!!!
He woke up a minute or two later, most likely due to the flash on my camera, and we started breakfast like normal, just an hour later than usual.

In case you were wondering what Chloe was up to while her brother slept, here she is pointing out a cow to me in one of her favorite books, right in the middle of saying "Mooooo".

"Moooo!"
Wishing you all a well rested Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I did just that last night. Zoey had been asleep for hours, and I was about to go to bed myself, when I decided to peek in on her, 'just because'. Sigh...so fun to watch how peaceful they are when they sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...