Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

11 Weeks, 1 Day OB Appointment Update

Today was my first appointment at the "regular" doctor's office. I was told that I would meet with a nurse practitioner and watch an "instructional video". I told Chad that there wasn't any need to come to this appointment since we wouldn't be having an ultrasound or doing anything directly related to the babies. Boy was I wrong!

I did watch an instructional video, it was very standard, "don't smoke and don't drink", etc. They also had me fill out a couple of questionaires and I had to have some labwork done.

Then they told me I would be having an ultrasound. I was not expecting that, and I was very sad that Chad was going to miss it, but I was also excited to see how the babies were doing. The very first thing we saw was "Baby A" at the bottom actively kicking at "Baby B" at the top. Sibling rivalry has already started!

"Baby A" was very active throughout the ultrasound, often moving its arms and legs and flipping around while we were trying to do measurements. Initially "Baby B" was much more sedate but eventually they were both moving around like crazy. Even the nurse practioner and the resident kept remarking on how much they were moving around. They are measuring perfect, both look great and their heartbeats are very strong. I am not sure whose heartbeat was whose but one baby was 168 bpm and the other was 142 bpm.

I also scheduled my next couple of appointments. My next appointment is on September 15th at 14 weeks. My anatomy scan appointment (where we find out the genders) is on October 11th---my birthday! I am so excited!

Overall a wonderful appointment, although I wish Chad could have been there too! I will leave you with a pretty good picture of "Baby A". Chad and I affectionately call him/her our "troublemaker" because this baby always seems to be the first to move, etc.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! I've had mine since New Year's 2008 and it's a great way to keep the family updated. You can set it to automatically e-mail the blog posts to up to 10 people, too. Great time-saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I'm loving your blog!!! Aren't ultrasounds the best? I still remember our first 9 week one where we got to see the little "gummy bear" for the first time...I think of that often when I'm rocking Mia to sleep - its so amazing. Keep the updates coming - I love them!! - Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you got to see them both! If your ob is anything like mine was, be prepared for an u/s at every visit. Mine never bothered w/the doppler, just went straight to the u/s machine. I have a HUGE stack of pics and it's amazing going back and looking at them now. Be sure and get a 3D/4D one done. It's so incredible watching them interact with one another. Kai kept putting his bottom in Laney's face. The tech worked for 25 minutes trying to get a picture of Laney's face w/out his bum in the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...